Disused Marble Fountain in the Oamaru Gardens

Disused Marble Fountain in the Oamary Gardens by Donald Lousley.

This old fountain possibly built in the 30s that sadly no longer works, is adorned with marble figurines of lions.

The Gardens were officially opened in 1876, and are one of the oldest in the country.

Provision for their 13 hectares of public reserve between Chelmer and Isis Streets was made when Oamaru was surveyed in 1858.

purchase-options-paypal